Saturday, 5 September 2026

A New Chapter: Re-introducing My Art Journey

 

Hello again! It's been a while.

My last post was in 2023. Life took some unexpected turns, my creative direction changed, and I needed some time offline to make art just for myself.

Where I went:

I've been experimenting with collage in my Artist Book practice, and they're coming along well. What drew me to collage was the freedom to explore unexpected combinations and textures, allowing each piece to tell its own story. Lately, I've felt especially inspired by how different materials interact on the page. I'm working on both Artist Book 3 and 4 at the same time. For Artist Book 4, I chose black pages because they challenge me to think differently about light and contrast, and they bring new energy and depth to my work.

I also stepped back from posting to focus on my studies, taking an MA in Writing at the Royal College of Art and graduating in 2025. Immersing myself in new forms of writing has encouraged me to approach my art with fresh ideas and has deepened my interest in combining text and image. You can find out more about that by visiting my writing blog's About page.

What's next:

I'm excited to start sharing my work here again. From now on, you'll see new studio updates, works in progress, and finished pieces from my Artist Book practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Chapter: Re-introducing My Art Journey

  Hello again! It's been a while. My last post was in 2023. Life took some unexpected turns, my creative direction changed, and I needed...